May the 4th be with you! Even though "Star Wars" takes place in a galaxy far away, they filmed some of the scenes right here in California! Check out the filming locations for the first 3 movies you can visit below:
- Death Valley - NPS App has a guided audio tour for the different locations
- Twenty-mule Team Canyon - R2-D2 and C-3PO make their way through this part to rescue Han Solo in "Return of the Jedi"
- Dantes View - Old Ben Kenobi gave young Luke Skywalker advice atop this scenic view in "A New Hope"
- Artists Palette - R2-D2 roams around the desert canyon before he gets captured by the Jawas in "A New Hope"
- Mesquite Flat Sand Dunes - R2-D2 and C-3PO got lost in these sand dunes of Tatooine during "A New Hope"
- Redwood Parks
- Grizzly Creek Redwoods State Park - iconic speeder bike chase scene happens here in "Return of the Jedi"
- Redwood National and State Parks - Ewok village were built atop the treetops
- Imperial Sand Dunes - appear at the beginning of "Return of the Jedi" when Luke Skywalker battles aboard Jabba the Hutt's ship
Click here for more.