Summer is officially here and you know what that means?...It's grilling season!
Fourth of July is also around the corner and not only should you be careful when lighting fireworks, but you should also be careful when grilling because you are literally dealing with fire. One of the main mistakes people make when grilling is that they don't get the temperature right. According to Huff Post, these are some things you should know about the next time you pop open your grill:
- Put your meat on the grill at the right time. You should be preheating the grill and it usually takes about 15 minutes for the grill to be ready.
- Properly control the heat of the grill. The grills temperature will vary depending on what you cook on the grill.
- Pay attention to the internal temperature of the food; use a cooking thermometer. This helps with making sure your meat is cooked enough.
- Don't add the sauce too early. If you add it too early, because the sugar in the sauce can burn.
- When cooking fruits or vegetables, do it over high heat for a short amount of time.
Go to Huff Post for more information on what you should be doing when you grill.