LAUSD announced that all students and staff will be required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test before returning to campus next week.
According to a letter released by the district, COVID-19 testing will be mandatory for all students K-12 and employees, regardless of vaccination status.
More on newLAUSD updates below:
- The first day of the Los Angeles Unified Spring semester for all K-12 students will now be on Tuesday, January 11, 2022.
- Monday, January 10, 2022, will be designated as a Pupil Free Day for school site employees.
- Los Angeles Unified now requires COVID-19 testing for all students and employees, regardless of vaccination status, before the first week back from winter break. All students and employees will be required to have proof of a negative COVID-19 test in order to come onto campus on January 11.
- Employees and students can get a baseline test beginning Monday, January 3, 2022.
- For information on testing centers and to make a COVID-19 test appointment at a Los Angeles Unified site, please visit lausd.net/covidtestingappt or call the Family Help Desk at (213) 443-1300. While appointments are encouraged, no appointment is needed for Los Angeles Unified COVID-19 tests. For a link of operating hours by testing site, please visit achieve.lausd.net/covidtestingappt.
- COVID-19 at-home rapid self-tests are available for K-12 students. Please pick up your student’s free at-home COVID-19 rapid self-tests on Friday, January 7 and Saturday, January 8 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at any of our 63 Grab & Go sites. Each student may receive two self-tests. Please visit lausd.net/covid for a map of pickup locations.
- Families may upload external PCR or antigen tests, or at-home tests.Please make sure to upload onto the student’s Daily Pass account no later than Sunday January 9, 2022.
- For information on how to upload an external test result, please visit lausd.net/dailypass.
- Weekly testing will continue for all students and employees through the month of January.
- Masking will be required at all times, indoors and outdoors. It is strongly recommended that all students wear well-fitting, non-cloth masks with a nose wire. All employees are required to wear surgical grade masks or higher.
- Los Angeles Unified will continue to provide these kinds of masks to students and employees if they need them. Additionally, these masks will be available at our testing and Grab & Go sites.
- Vaccinations remain a key element in reducing the impact of COVID-19 on individuals and communities, and will be required for students 12 and older at the start of the Fall 2022 semester.
- Anyone 5 years or older is eligible for the two-dose Pfizer vaccine.
- Booster shots are available for anyone 16 and older, at least six months after their second dose.
- For information on available vaccination sites, please visit lausd.net/covidvaccineappt.
- Daily Pass health screening is required for all who enter school campuses.