A man says his Fitbit caused severe burns to his wrist when it began "burning and smoking" overnight. A Fitbit user named Ethan Landers posted his story to Facebook, saying he woke up in the middle of the night to painful burning sensation on his wrist and found smoke coming from his Fitbit battery. Landers says he was diagnosed with third-degree burns and will need a skin graft, posting photos of his nasty-looking injuries. A Fitbit spokesperson said the company is "actively investigating" Landers' claims. Last week, Google announced plans to acquire Fitbit for $2.1 billion. One Twitter user also has had issues.